When looking for a travel system stroller under $200, make a list of your must-have and nice-to-have requirements. Understand that this is probably the price below which you might not be able to go, if you are looking for a decent travel system stroller. Below the table with best travel system strollers, I listed all main features one should take into consideration when purchasing travel system stroller under $200. You might consider using this list as your starting point for evaluation. Then, pull up the list of particular stroller type within desired price range. In this case, it will be a travel system stroller list. I have made a bunch of lists with particular stroller types and various price ranges, so you might want to check them out. All of them are listed on the left side of this page. Your next task is to start matching must-have requirements with potential market offerings. Considering limited choices in this price range, be prepared to make some trade-offs. If, however, you end up with more than one choice, you can start looking into your nice-to-have requirements to make your final decision.
- Weight – When it comes to best travel system strollers under $200, weight should be considered, but it should not limit your final decision. Since you will be pushing the stroller and carrying the seat around, you want to make sure it is as light as possible. A decent travel system stroller will weigh less than 50 pounds, while good ones will be in the range between 35 and 45 pounds. You might, also, want to check out the list of best travel systems under 40 lbs.
- Seat & Stroller Locking Mechanism – Since the carry-on seat will be in and out stroller and car seat base fairly frequently, you have to make sure it easily installs in each. Usually, there will be a simple button or a small handle, which once pushed or pulled unlocks the seat. The entire process should be smooth and easy to execute.
- Suspension system – A good suspension system will go a long way for any type of a stroller. Ideally, all stroller wheels will have an independent suspension system. If the suspension exists only on the back wheels, and not on the front one, that is great too. Most likely, this price range will have a basic spring suspension system, which is OK for this stroller type, and the price range.
- Braking system – The braking system in this price range is usually limited to foot brakes for parking. Finding a travel system stroller under $200 with a hand-and-wrist braking mechanism, or hand-grip mechanism, would be fantastic, but unlikely. Again, typically, you should expect to find only parking brakes, which should be OK.
- Folding system – Generally speaking, travel system stroller folding mechanism is expected to be a bit challenging, due to overall bulkiness and weight. The folding mechanism should not be a driving factor when purchasing a travel system stroller under $200. However, it should not be overlooked either. A good strollers will fold in a maximum of two steps. Travel system strollers under $200 should be still travel friendly. However, you should carefully align your expectations with your needs and strollers capabilities.
- Seat quality – A travel system stroller under $200 tend to be exposed to much lower levels of mechanical stress, as oppose to jogging strollers. Some of this relatively small stress is absorbed by a suspension, while a portion of it is transferred to the seating area. This is why you want to make sure that seating area satisfies four main basic requirements.
- Wheels – Best travel system strollers under $200 could have a wheel locking capability, which will allow you to stroll on a straight line. Other than that, you want to make sure that the front wheels can rotate, at least, 180 degrees.
- Canopy – When it comes to canopy, the only requirement for travel system stroller under $200 is that it has a canopy. A good travel system stroller will have an easily adjustable canopy. Also, you want to make sure canopy covers as much of the seat as possible. Ideally, the canopy will be large enough to cover, at least, half of the seating area.
GRACO FASTACTION FOLD CLASSIC CONNECT TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLER
Grade A+ (100 points)
This travel system stroller features infant car seat, quick fold system, lightweight frame, multi-position reclining seat, front swivel wheel, adjustable five point harness, and extra large storage basket. With all these features and relatively low price point, this stroller represent the best value in the category of travel system strollers under $200. Graco FastAction weighs less than 40 lbs, and it has a carrying capacity of up to 50 pounds.
GRACO ALANO CLASSIC CONNECT TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLER
Grade A (94 points)
Graco Alano features Graco snug ride infant car seat, car seat base, one hand fold system, extra padded seat, multi-position reclining seat, washable seat cushion, and food tray with a cup holder. This particular stroller is less popular than Graco FastAction Fold. Nonetheless, it is one of the highest ranked travel systems in its category.
GRACO DYNAMO LITE TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLER
Grade A- (91 points)
Weighing only 34 lbs, this stroller travel system is one of the lightest in its category. Graco Dynamo features one-hand folding system, multi-position reclining seat, SnugRide classic connect infant car seat, car seat base, and fully folded stand-up capability.
EVENOFLO JOURNEY 300 STROLLER WITH EMBRACE 35 CAR SEAT
Grade A- (90 points)
Fully folded self-standing design, one hand fold system, multiple storage options, baby to toddler accommodation, high quality material, front adjustable base, and sturdy design are the main selling features of this travel system stroller.
SAFETY 1ST AEROLITE SPORTS TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLER
Grade B (84 points)
Safety 1st Aerolite Sports Travel System Stroller features one hand fold system, infant car seat, 50 lbs holding capacity, parent organizer tray, plenty of leg room, multi-position reclining seat, three point safety harness, and a few more cool looking features.
GRACO SPREE TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLER
Grade B- (81 points)
Less known and not very popular, Graco Spree travel system stroller is still one of good options in this category. It features SnugRide infant car seat, one hand folding mechanism, self-standing folded design, multi-position reclining seat, and 50-lb holding capacity.
SAFETY 1ST SAUNTER TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLER
Grade B- (80 points)
This basic and highly practical design features rear facing child seat, three point safety harness, multi-position reclining seat, quick click secure infant car seat mechanism, and covered storage compartment.