Living in Arizona, we have over 300 sunny days a year. Finding ways to protect the Bean from the sun is important. I have been using Episencial Sunny Sunscreen when we will be in the sun for any prolonged period of time. It is a broad spectrum, water resistant mineral sunblock that helps protect against UVA and UVB rays. Out of the natural sun blocks I have tried, this is my current favorite. It goes on creamy without too much of a greasy feeling. It is almost transparent on skin. Some other mineral sun screens I have tried leave Bean looking like a little ghost and are difficult to rub in. Sunscreens without harmful ingredients can be expensive, but this one is fairly reasonable. Target is less expensive than the list price. The lowest price I have found is on Amazon.
- Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen) 10%, Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen) 4%
- Protects sensitive skin with natural minerals zinc and titanium
- Creates a protective layer with no harsh chemicals and minimal residue
- Fortified with organic green tea extract to prevent sun-damage
- Environmental Working Group top-rated sunscreen for safety
- Extreme effectiveness
- Never greasy, does not leave a white residue