When we were looking for a travel system stroller, our choice was Evenflo Aura Select Travel System. This travel system stroller offered features which were in line with our needs. For us, it was important that the carry-on seat easily installs onto the stroller and into the car seat base. Also, we looked for a large storage space underneath the stroller, sizable canopy, large food tray, hand brakes, and fairly small collapse size.How To Select Lightweight Travel System Stroller?
When looking for a travel system stroller, make a list of your must-have and nice-to-have requirements, including your price range. I listed all main features one should take into consideration when purchasing lightweight travel system stroller. You might consider using this list as your starting point for evaluation. Then, pull up the list of particular stroller type within desired price range. In this case, it will be a travel system stroller list. I have made a bunch of lists with particular stroller types and various price ranges, so you might want to check them out. All of them are listed on the left side of this page. Your next task is to start matching must-have requirements with potential market offerings. If you end up with more than one choice, you can start looking into your nice-to-have requirements to make the final decision.
- Weight – When it comes to best travel system strollers under 40 lbs, weight is clearly an important feature. Since you will be pushing the stroller and carrying the seat around, you want to make sure it is as light as possible. A decent travel system stroller will weigh less than 50 pounds, while good ones will be in the range between 35 and 45 pounds. I scanned the market for travel system strollers which weigh less than 40 lbs.
- Seat & Stroller Locking Mechanism – Since the carry-on seat will be in and out stroller and car seat base fairly frequently, you have to make sure it easily installs in each. Usually, there will be a simple button or a small handle, which once pushed our pulled unlocks the seat. The entire process should be smooth and easy to execute.
- Suspension system – A good suspension system will go a long way for any type of a stroller. Ideally, all stroller wheels will have an independent suspension system. If the suspension exists only on the back wheels, and not on the front one, that is great too. Most travel system strollers will have a basic spring suspension system, which is OK for this stroller type.
- Braking system – The braking system is usually limited to foot brakes for parking. Finding a travel system stroller weighing less than 40 lbs with a hand-and-wrist braking mechanism, or hand-grip mechanism, would be desirable. Again, typically, you should expect to find only parking brakes, which is, also, acceptable.
- Folding system – Generally speaking, travel system stroller folding mechanism is expected to be a bit challenging, due to overall bulkiness and weight. The folding mechanism should not be a driving factor when purchasing a travel system stroller under 40 lbs. However, it should not be overlooked either. A good travel system strollers will fold in a maximum of two steps. Travel system strollers under 40 lbs are, generally speaking, very travel friendly. However, you should carefully align your expectations with your needs and strollers capabilities.
- Seat quality – A travel system stroller under 40 lbs tend to be exposed to much lower levels of mechanical stress, as oppose to jogging strollers. Some of this relatively small stress is absorbed by a suspension, while a portion of it is transferred to the seating area. This is why you want to make sure that seating area satisfies four main basic requirements: it is specious enough, it is made out of durable material, it has adequate padding, and it is firmly attached to the stroller’s frame.
- Wheels – Best travel system strollers under 40 lbs should have a wheel locking capability, which will allow you to stroll on a straight line. Other than that, you want to make sure that the front wheels can rotate, at least, 180 degrees, since these strollers are expected to be fairly maneuverable.
- Canopy – Two main requirements for a canopy of a lightweight travel system stroller under 40 lbs are: easy to adjust and decent coverage. A good lightweight travel system stroller will have an easily adjustable canopy. Also, you want to make sure canopy covers as much of the seat as possible. Ideally, the canopy will be large enough to cover, at least, half of the seating area.
Graco FastAction Fold Travel System | Includes FastAction Fold Stroller and SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat, Bennett
- Travel system with SnugRide Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat
- Stroller with one second, one hand fold
- Multi position reclining seat for baby's comfort
- Stroller: For child up to 50 lbs; Infant car seat: Rear facing for infants 4 to 30 pounds and up to 32 inch
- Extra-large storage basket; JPMA Certified
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System, Lightweight Baby Stroller, Sleek & Versatile, Easy Infant Car Seat Transfer, Oversized Storage Basket, Blanket Boot, Travel Stroller, 3-Panel Canopy, Sandstone Tan
- FLEXIBLE INFANT TRAVEL SYSTEM: The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System is a car seat and stroller combo featuring the SafeMax Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat and SafeZone Base with anti-rebound bar, infused with parent-and child-friendly accessories.
- VERSATILE & LIGHTWEIGHT: This car seat and stroller combo features a modular frame with 6 modes. The reversible mode permits your baby to face in or out, while the stroller coverts from an infant car seat frame to stroller seat or carriage mode with ease.
- EASY INFANT CAR SEAT TRANSFER: This car seat and stroller combo has been designed with a stay-in-car base that allows for a quick and safe infant car seat connection from stroller to car and vice-versa.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: The Pivot Modular Travel System also includes an over-sized storage basket, a SafeZone base with belt lock-off system for correct installation, and large cruiser tires with tread and ergonomic handle for a smooth, effortless ride. A large canopy and removable arm bar make baby transfer easier and improve comfort.
Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System with OnBoard 35 LT Infant Car Seat, Monument 2
$159.99 in stock
- This safety 1st all in 1 travel system allows for a seamless transition from car to stroller; QuickClick technology secures the Latch equipped car seat to the stroller without disturbing your baby
- With exceptional side impact protection, the included 35 Litre rear facing infant car seat includes added back and neck support for newborns
- An oversized canopy with flip out visor and peek a boo window provides shade and airflow on sunny days and a convenient basket under the seat provides storage for baby items. Do not use harsh household cleaners or bleach to clean stroller
- Designed for travel, the stroller is lightweight, has a fast, 1 hand fold, and stands on its own when folded
- A 5 point safety harness keeps children up to 50 pounds (in stroller mode) or up to 35 pounds (in car seat mode) safe and secure, with adjustable harness heights to provide a customized fit
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System, Millennium White
$175.98 in stock
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Convenient Parent Tray with 2 Cupholders
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
- Reclining Padded Seat with 5 point harness, tether, large canopy and storage basket
- Easy Compact Fold for Storage or Travel
Graco Modes Travel System | Includes Modes Stroller and SnugRide SnugLock 35 Infant Car Seat, Dayton
$210.90 in stock
- Includes the Graco Snug Ride Snug Lock 35 Infant Car Seat, rear facing for infants from 4 35 pound and up to 32 inches
- 3 strollers in 1 with 10 riding options from infant to toddler: 1. Infant Car Seat Carrier 2. Infant Stroller 3; Toddler Stroller
- Infant car seat: Seat attaches directly to the stroller frame for lightweight portability and can face you or the world for added flexibility.CLEANING SEAT PAD: To clean seat pad, spot clean using mild soap and warm water
- Infant stroller: Reversible seat allows baby to face you or the World and the 4 position reclining seat converts into an infant enclosure for on the go comfort
- Toddler stroller: Forward facing toddler seat Includes 3 position leg rest that adjusts for your growing child
Baby Trend Nexton Travel System, Coral Floral
$160.99 in stock
- Includes Flex-Loc infant car seat and base
- Large soft head support for the car seat or the stroller
- Covered parent tray with two deep cup holders. Removable /washable insert child tray
- Weight capacity (car seat): 5 - 30 pounds and newborn height
- Multi-position, reclining, padded seat and fully adjustable 5-point safety harness and tether strap
Graco Roadmaster Jogger Travel System | Includes Roadmaster Jogging Stroller and SnugRide SnugLock 30 Infant Car Seat, Koda
- Stroller can be used in 7 different riding positions, giving mom all the options she needs
- Includes Snug Ride Snug Lock 30 Infant Car Seat, rear facing from 4-30 lbs., which attaches directly to stroller frame
- The reversible stroller seat allows baby to face you or the world, with multi-position recline for added comfort
- Reclining seat converts to cozy infant bassinet for on-the-go comfort for baby. do not machine wash seat, It should only be wiped with a mild soap, taking care not to soak the material, Never use bleach
- Made for moms on the go, 3-wheel design provides enhanced maneuverability
Evenflo Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System, Baby Stroller, Up to 22 Configurations, Extra-Large Storage, Single-to-Double Stroller, Durable Construction, Compact Folding Design, Stallion Black
$377.49 in stock
- Single To Double : Stroller grows from single to double with no tools or extra parts needed. Easy slide and lock system expands frame in seconds to accommodate a second toddler or infant seat
- Up To 22 Conﬁgurations : The unique design accommodates one or two riders. Infants and children can sit at various heights, upright or reclined, in both parent-facing and forward-facing modes
- Modular Design: Infant car seat sits directly on the frame, and the toddler seat easily converts to infant mode, cradling baby at a comfortable angle
- Self-Standing Fold: The compact fold conveniently self-stands, with toddler seat attached
Graco FastAction SE Travel System | Includes FastAction SE Stroller and SnugRide 30 LX Infant Car Seat, Carbie
$149.98 in stock
- 25% smaller fold than the current FastAction Fold stroller makes storing easy for parents
- Graco's signature FastAction one-second, one-hand fold provides the ultimate in convenience for parents on the go
- Folding child's tray for a more compact fold and added portability
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 30 LX infant car seat, supports children riding rear-facing from 4-30 lb; attaches directly to the stroller seat
- Parent's tray with two deep cup holders and storage to keep essentials nearby